Pilgrimage church on the route of the "Strada Del Sale"
Wildly romantic place with old Carruggi and Mediterranean flora
Madonna della Neve Pilgrimage Church from the 18th century
A document from the seventeenth century confirms the existence of a primitive chapel, but it is mentioned in a later document from 1754 that the construction of the structure and the extension of the building was carried forward by parish priest Don Antonio Maria Deans.
The present structure is elliptical, has an extension in the form of an atrium and the interior has one single nave and three altars.
To the right of the altar hangs a painting from 1764 on which the old panorama of Lavina can be seen in the background.
Lavina is suburb of Rezzo is and was mentioned for the first time in written literature in 1320.
Lavina itself is divided into 3 parts: il Borghetto or also known as il Ponte, il piano and La Costa.
more Holiday rentals - Holiday homes in Lavina