Calice al Cornoviglio
A little ligurian mountain village in the Parco Regionale di Montemarcello
An attractive resting point for hikers and water sportsmen
Castello di Doria-Malaspina houses the David Beghè pinacotheca, the bee museum and
the Piccolo Museo Pietro Rosa
Chiesa Parocchiale di nostra Signora di Loreto
Museo della Galassia in Madrignano
Sagra di Santa Margherita on the second and fourth Sunday in July in Castello Madrignano
Sagra di Miele on Assumption Day in August
The earliest records about this town date back to the 11th century when the area belonged to the bishops of Luni and then to the Malaspina family, according to a document from the year 1033.
Under the Republic of Genoa the area became an important defensive position against the attacks of the Milanese who all the same managed to conquer Madrignano Chalice and to give it to the Fieschi.
During the French rule the district was part of the Apennines, and then later it was given to the province of Massa and Carrara until 1923 when it was officially assigned to the province of La Spezia.
Calice lies 402 meters above sea-level; one can access it by car through the highway and then on the SP 8 and SP10. It is 11 km north of La Spezia. Monte Cornoviglio and Monte Coppigliolo are found in this region.