Delicious Italian Recipes
Are you looking for the best Italian recipes to impress your friends? Do you want to taste the flavour of Italy?
In this page we collect the most delicious Italian recipes, tasty and easy to prepare. Enjoy!
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers (Italian: Savoiardi) dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of egg yolks and mascarpone cheese, and flavored with Marsala wine and cocoa. The recipe has been adapted into many varieties of puddings, cakes and other desserts.
Let’s begin with the ingredients:
- 150 grams of icing sugar,
- Four large, fresh free-range eggs,
- 200 grams of mascarpone,
- 200 millilitres of freshly brewed espresso coffee left to cool,
- 120 millilitres of a dark rum or a dessert wine such as Marsala,
- A large packet of lady fingers (around 20-30 biscuits),
- 100 grams of cocoa powder.
- The first job is to mix the espresso coffee and alcohol in a bowl and then set to one side.
- Next, separate the eggs into yolks and whites, put the latter to one side and in a mixing bowl beat together the yolks and the icing sugar until a creamy consistency has been achieved.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a fork until a semi-stiff consistency is achieved, then add the whites to the yolk and sugar mix.
To this now add the mascarpone cheese and fold in gently until all the ingredients are amalgamated.
- A Blanket of the Mascarpone Mix
Now it is time to assemble the tiramisu:
- Place a layer of the lady fingers on the bottom of the dish and using a pastry brush, coat them lightly with the coffee and alcohol mixture.
- Then with the back of a large spoon or knife, cover the biscuits with a blanket of the mascarpone mix, followed by another layer of biscuits, again brushed with the dark liquid.
- Finish with a second layer of the mascarpone mix.
- Then place the cocoa powder in a plastic or wire sieve and dust the top until it is completely covered in a dark crust.
- Pop the tiramisu into the fridge for about four hours, removing half an hour before serving in order that it regains some semblance of room temperature.
ENJOY your gorgeous Italien Tiramisu! :)
* Unless otherwise noted. distances are in driving minutes.
* Pools are open from the beginning of June untill the end of September unless otherwise indicated.